Thursday, January 3, 2008

Organizational Hell

I am in the midst of organizing my office/craft room. It is hell. Pure hell from the deepest depths. It feels great to be doing it,but a huge chore of space creativity. One that I am definitely not enjoying at all. I got this rockin shelf from Michaels for Christmas from my folks and the hubby bought me all of the embellishment jars to go with it. See post from before for the pic. It's great. I put all of my paints, ribbon, scrapbooking embellishments, buttons, etc. on this great invention. I am still trying to sort through my push around cart and my craft closet which is loaded to the gills with every craft item known to man. I could open up a Michaels superstore with all the crap that I have collected. Not that I am complaining, I love it, I do. I just wish sometimes that I had a little self-control when it came to shopping at the craft store. If I see a craft that I want to try, I gladly purchase everything needed and then think that I will get to it and I never do. Right now as it stands, I have several collections of craftiness sitting in the closet, knitting (which I am still horrible at), glass etching (still never opened), wood burning (never opened), glass painting (you know the story), scrapbooking (get burnt out to quick) mosaic tile (dying to try just haven't made it that far), jewelry making (now and again), painting (love it), soldering (love it), soap making (tried it, liked it, haven't done it since), sewing (love it but only get to do it when I have a lot of time on my hands, which is rare with two small kids), origami (love it and plan to make Christmas tags next year, ha ha), stamping (love it), altered and paper arts (love it, my passion)!
Wow, so you can see I have a little bit of a problem. I need a twelve step program or something! I am out of control and the madness needs to stop. So my New Year's resolution (I really loathe that term) would be to actually attempt to use some of the things that I own and to avoid Michaels at all costs until absolutely necessary. It will be hard with that tempting 40% coupon that comes in the paper every Wednesday and that nice gift card that my brother gave me for Christmas, but I am really going to give it a go. I will keep you apprised of my progress or lack thereof.

No comments: