Monday, May 5, 2008

Big Girl Happenings


There is some big girl stuff going on around here and I thought that I would share it with you. Here is the Peanut riding her big girl bike minus the training wheels. Last night she asked my hubby if she could have them off, and he said "Sure!" I think that he was more excited then she was. He held on to the back of her bike for about two seconds and off she sailed. A huge grin on her face. It even brought a few tears to my eyes and I was wishing that I had charged the batteries for the video camera, but who knew?
Today we went on a five mile bike ride down our beautiful American River Bike Trail. She would have gone fifty miles if we would have let her. When she got home she wanted to get back on and ride again. I love how small things like riding a bike can make kids exponentially happy! Who needs a Wii when you have this (see above). Its just her and the open road - and maybe Mom, Dad and little sister too!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I can't believe how fast they grow! I'm so looking forward to the little one learning too so we can do big family rides down our lovely trail! I'm proud for you :) p.s. I cried a little too when it happened to me! Almost as bad as the first day of Kindergarten, huh?