Thursday, May 15, 2008

Scouts Big Girl Bedroom Renovation Part #1




Craigslist is the best! I just purchased this "big girl" bed for the Scout for $100.00 on Craigslist. The footboard is not pictured here. Its just a little bit smaller then the headboard and oh so shabby chic. I have been literally looking for months for a wrought iron bed for the Scouts "big girl" room. I have been to antique stores, garage sales, combed ebay many times and finally found the perfect bed just waiting for me in Carmichael for $100.00. Such a steal when most of the places are charging $500-$600 for a brand new one minus the mattress and box spring. Can you tell I am a bargain shopper. I was a little worried when I saw the picture online that the bed was going to be smaller than what I had wanted, but I was pleasantly surprised when the lady opened up her garage door, and their stood the bed that I was looking for! Yipee! Right now the bed is a white enamel and I have big plans on painting it black. We have plans on gutting the Scouts room and starting over with bead board on the walls and crown molding along the ceiling, a new closet and new furniture. I will be adding a few of my own paintings to the walls and already have a few good ideas about what I will be doing. Right now we are tentatively scheduled for mid-June for the big project. It will be interesting with her moving into our room temporarily along with all of her clothes and belongings for the duration of the project.I will be keeping you posted on the upcoming renovations!

1 comment:

Nimmer said...

I am sooo excited you found Scout's bed! It is very cute. Can't wait to see the room when it is all done, you do so good at these things.