Sunday, November 18, 2007

The Bee Movie


So today we took the Peanut to her very first movie. She is five years old. People are appauld that we have never taken her before. Most of the movies that come out today I think are to scary for little ones. She gets scared watching Disney movies so I had to be careful which movies she sees. I really don't want to be up for a week straight fighting the nightmare bug. I've done it before. So the hubby and I didn't tell her where we were going. We took her and her sister over to Dama's and Papa's house and quickly retreated while the little one had Dama occupied with Fisher Price Little People. Peanut couldn't guess where we were going. We got there and she still didn't know. My husband went and bought the tickets and she said, "Mom, I smell popcorn," still no clue. We finally got in and sat down and she smiled and said, "This is a movie." I know most of you are probably thinking, "jeez its just a movie", but to me it was a milestone. One I was so excited to share with my eldest. Think back, do you remember the first movie that you ever saw in a theater? Comment me back and let me know. Anyway, the theater got quiet and then came the preview which started off way to loud and the worst part was it was TOTALLY SCARY! I think it was called Spiderwick or something. Really not good for a five year old who gets scared by the shark in Nemo. Big scary faces and creatures chasing little kids. I am still not sure why they put this at the beginning of a movie you should be able to take a little one to but, whatever. The movie, once it started, was fantastic. My husband joked with me and said that I reminded him of the girl in the movie and the Bee is so cute with his big eyes it's easy to fall in love with him. The Peanut loved the movie and I of course snuck in our own popcorn and drinks. That's what large purses are for. I was wondering if they were on to me when I left and my bag had deflated to a flat pillow shaped thing compared to the massive tote that entered the theater. Ha Ha. I am so rebellious. I tried to get a picture by the movie poster outside but my phone's memory was full, so no picture except for the one I pulled off the net.

1 comment:

Claire said...

oooh I remember my first movie, It was the Black Cauldron, a Disney movie. It was really lame. I remember being disappointed even then and I was like 6! The next movie I went to was Willow when I was 8. I LOVED that movie!! I loved it then and I love it now. My dad took my brothers and me while my mother was in the hospital after having our youngest brother. We were 8, 6 and 2. I know. My dad was crazy, but he was young and probably didn't know any better, lol!