Thursday, March 20, 2008

The Book Worm


Here is another one of my Folk Art Primitive paintings that I finished. This piece will be up for auction for a school fundraiser at Leonardo Da Vinci K-8 in Sacramento on April 11 at their Spring Fling Parents Night Out. The school is having a silent auction as well as a art auction. The piece had to be appropriate for a school art auction so I made my little painting in the theme of reading. One of my favorite past-times! The piece reads, "Reading is a Beautiful Thing." The art piece incorporates acrylic paints, inking, vintage style paper as well as a vintage button. I am going to cross my fingers that somebody buys it. The money from the auction will help fund a scholarship program that is available to all students who attend the school.

No comments: