Thursday, September 20, 2007

So Here I Go


So here I go.... My very first blog entry. I have always wanted to do one of these but never attempted it. As my profile states. I am an avid crafter. Never met a craft I didn't like. I have started a small business by the name of Pink Petunia Designs and am currently trying to build it into something profitable. I recently joined a wonderful organization called Sacramento Craft Mafia. They are a great group of women who have extraordinary talents with many different craft mediums. As of currently I have been sewing some vintage style handbags made with a combination of monk's cloth and cotton to begin selling at the next show. My friend Ruth actually used these bags back in the 60's - 70's when she was a teenager. Originally they were made out of burlap, but because of the scratchiness we decided to make the switch to monk's cloth, a much softer version. Ruth drew up the patterns and away we went. I have been sewing a few quilted rag bags that have come out quite cute. I have given away two to friends and kept one for myself. I just made another one out of chocolate brown felt with a baby blue interior. My sewing machine does not like the felt and really struggles with the monk's cloth but, we are finally making headway. I have also been making some cork Christmas trees and some fun tile coasters with Halloween and Christmas images. I will post some pictures when I get them done.

No comments: